Today we have a new challenge starting over at Scrapbook Blessings Club. This is Challenge #18, ANYTHING GOES! The design team is featuring the tutorial "Create Your Own Background". I would love it if you headed on over to the Scrapbook Blessings Club and showed us your latest creation! While you are over there be sure to check out the wonderful things the Design Team did while creating their own backgrounds. Our sponsor for this challenge is Bugaboo Digi Stamps. The sweet mermaid on my card is from Bugaboo!
I had a lot of fun creating this card. For starters I LOVE the beach which made creating this scene extra fun. I also got to use some products that I had never used before and some that I have not used in awhile. I played around a lot while printing my digi mermaid. I was definitely able to place it anywhere on my card stock that I wanted to. In the end, though, I ended up using an "Action Wobble" to attach the mermaid. I felt that the Action Wobble made it seem like she was bouncing around in the water. LOL Unfortunately the photo doesn't show her "bounce" but you get the picture. LOL Here she is:
My Tip - Break out those crafting supplies that you have not used in YEARS!!! It will be like you are shopping in your craft room and you will be reminded of why you bought the product years ago.
- Mermaid (includes the fish and some bubbles around her) - Bugaboo Digi Stamps
- Sun - Stampendous
- Bird - CTMH
- Extra bubbles around the Mermaid - company unknown
- Waves - All Night Media
- Inks Used: Cocoa Powder by Fun Stampers Journey (under the sand), Aqua by Hampton Art, Cerulean Blue by Impress and Black by Memento
- All images were colored with Prismacolor Pencils
- Extra Fine Glitter
- Sand, Shells and Sequins were from my stash.
- Journey Glaze was used to adhere the sand.
- Journey Glaze was used on the water, the mermaid's hair, and on the bubbles. It was also used on the mermaid's tail and then extra fine glitter was sprinkled over the Journey Glaze.
- Glue dots were used to adhere the shells and sequins.
- An Action Wobble was used to attach the circle with the mermaid to the card base.
- Card measures 5" x 5". Card stock is from my stash.
I had loads of fun making this card. I LOVE the mermaid image from Bugaboo! Such a great image to color and has loads of possibilities!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Don't forget to join in on the *challenge! Head on over here to do so. Have a MAGICAL day!
*This challenge ends May 3, 2014.